Hey Shooters! Get the edge, Get the Best Kimber R7 Mako Red Dot Options.
I’ve had the opportunity to thoroughly test the Kimber R7 Mako and outfit it with various red dot sights. Believe me, I’ve been down range, cranking off rounds and observing the performance meticulously.
The objective is to offer you an in-depth review of the Best Kimber R7 Mako Red Dot Options based on real-world testing. From entry-level options to high-end sights, I’ve put them through their paces to help you make an informed choice.
|Kimber R7 Mako Red Dot||Category||Price|
|Holosun 507K X2||Best Overall||$295.99|
|Holosun 407K X2||Best Multi Reticle System||$224.99|
|Vortex Venom||Highly Rated||$212.84|
|Vortex Viper||Best Value for Money||$219.00|
|Crimson Trace CTS-1550||Best Affordable Option||$159.99|
|Swampfox Sentinel||Best Wide Field of View||$184.00|
|Holosun EPS Carry||Best Compact Sight||$399.99|
Top 7 Best Red Dot For Kimber R7 Mako
- Holosun 507K X2 – Best Overall
- Holosun 407K X2 – Best Multi Reticle System
- Vortex Venom – Highly Rated
- Vortex Viper – Best Value for Money
- Crimson Trace CTS-1550 – Best Affordable Option
- Swampfox Sentinel – Best Wide Field of View
- Holosun EPS Carry – Best Compact Sight
1. Holosun 507K X2 – Best Overall
- HOLOSUN RED DOT SIGHT - The HS507K X2 is an open reflex...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - This red dot sight features...
- MULTI-RETICLE SYSTEM - This Holosun sight is equipped...
- SHAKE AWAKE TECHNOLOGY - Extends battery life by...
- SPECIFICATION - Reticle: Red 2 MOA Dot & 32 MOA Circle;...
The Holosun HS507K-X2 is a compact and rugged red dot sight designed for precision, long battery life, and flexibility in varying shooting conditions.
Multiple Reticle System: One of the standout features of the HS507K-X2 is its Multiple Reticle System. You’ve got three reticle choices: a 2 MOA dot, a 32 MOA circle, and a blend of both.
Why is this so awesome? For starters, having options like these can be a lifesaver in varied shooting scenarios. If you’re focused on close-quarters combat or self-defense, that 32 MOA circle offers a rapid target acquisition.
On the flip side, if you’re aiming for distance or requiring greater accuracy, the 2 MOA dot makes a world of difference. In essence, this feature allows you to adapt and excel, whether you’re at the range or in a more dynamic setting.
Window Size: So, let’s talk about the window size. Measuring 0.58″ X 0.77″, it strikes an excellent balance between size and functionality.
You might think a small window would be limiting, but it’s quite the opposite. This size provides you with enough field of view for quick target recognition without feeling boxed in. You see, a larger window might seem better, but it could also make the sight unwieldy, especially on a compact pistol like the Kimber R7 Mako.
Battery Life: We all hate it when gadgets die on us, right? Fortunately, with the HS507K-X2, battery woes are pretty much a thing of the past. This little powerhouse uses just a single CR2032 battery and has a staggering lifespan of up to 50,000 hours.
You don’t have to worry about changing batteries often or the sight dying on you when you need it the most.
Housing: Durability is key in any shooting accessory. The HS507K-X2’s housing is crafted from high-grade 7075 aluminum.
This material is renowned for its strength and resistance to corrosion, making it more than capable of enduring bumps, drops, and all the rigors that come with active shooting. Essentially, you’ve got a sight that’s not just a performer but a survivor.
Compatibility: Now, compatibility is a big one. The HS507K-X2 works seamlessly with the Kimber R7 Mako thanks to its modified RMSc footprint.
While you will need an adapter plate for the mount, once that’s set, you’re good to go. It’s worth noting that the compatibility extends beyond just fitting.
Why I Love It: This sight is a marvel in terms of flexibility, durability, and battery life. The Multiple Reticle System is a genuine game-changer for me. It truly gives you an edge in different shooting scenarios.
Honestly, this sight has elevated my shooting experience to a whole new level. The reticle options are fantastic for quick target acquisition, and the durable housing gives me confidence in its longevity.
- Versatile Multiple Reticle System
- Outstanding battery life
- Durable 7075 aluminum housing
- Excellent window size for rapid target acquisition
- High compatibility with the Kimber R7 Mako
- The screw for the side battery tray could be larger and easier to manipulate
2. Holosun 407K X2 – Best Multi Reticle System
- HOLOSUN RED DOT SIGHT - The HS407K X2 is an open reflex...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - This reflex sight for handgun...
- SHAKE AWAKE TECHNOLOGY - Extends battery life by...
- MULTILAYER REFLECTIVE GLASS - This red dot sight is...
- SPECIFICATION - Reticle: 6 MOA Dot; Light Wavelength:...
This Holosun reflex sight for handguns brings high performance to the table with features like Lock Mode, Shake Awake Technology, and top-notch multilayer reflective glass.
Lock Mode: Lock Mode is a lifesaver for anyone who’s ever had a sight with settings that change inadvertently. When Lock Mode is activated, it disables the buttons to ensure your configurations stay the way you set them.
It’s especially useful in high-stress situations or while moving through varied terrains. You can run, jump, and dive, confident that your sight will maintain the settings you’ve painstakingly fine-tuned.
Shake Awake Technology: Next up, let’s talk about Shake Awake Technology. Battery life is often a concern when it comes to electronic accessories, and this feature addresses that head-on. It automatically puts the optic’s LED to sleep when not in use.
The best part? You can customize the sleep settings from 10 minutes to 12 hours, depending on the model. And get this: just a slight touch or movement, and the LED wakes up instantly.
7075 Aluminum Housing: I’ve spoken about the 7075 aluminum in the previous sight, but it bears repeating. This material is top-of-the-line when it comes to durability and corrosion resistance.
The housing protects the vital components inside the sight, so you can take it through thick and thin. The side-mounted tray for the 1632 battery makes swapping out batteries a smooth operation.
Multilayer Reflective Glass: Last but not least, the glass on this sight is something special. It has a multilayer coating that maximizes light transmission while minimizing glare.
The result is a reticle that’s not just bright but ultra-clear. It’s like seeing your target through high-definition glass, even in low-light conditions.
Why I Love It: The multitude of intelligent features, especially the Shake Awake Technology and Lock Mode, really make this sight stand out for me. It’s an intuitive piece of gear that makes shooting easier and more enjoyable.
I’ve had a fantastic experience with this sight on my Kimber R7 Mako. Lock Mode keeps everything where it needs to be, and the Shake Awake feature ensures my sight is always ready to go when I am. The multilayer reflective glass makes target acquisition a dream.
- Customizable Lock Mode for consistent settings
- Battery-efficient Shake Awake Technology
- Exceptional clarity thanks to multilayer reflective glass
- Durable 7075 Aluminum housing
- Not as durable as the 507K Model
3. Vortex Venom – Highly Rated
- The Venom Red Dot Sight-3 MOA promotes rapid target...
- High quality, fully multi-coated lenses offer a clean,...
- The Venom also has an auto-brightness mode that uses an...
- 1 MOA wind age and elevation adjustments are super...
- The Venom Red Dot will fit well on your rifle or...
The Vortex Venom offers impressive optical clarity, multiple reticle choices, and rock-solid durability without breaking the bank.
6061-T6 Aluminum Housing: When you first hold the Vortex Venom, the sturdy build is immediately noticeable. It’s crafted from 6061-T6 aluminum, which is pretty much a game-changer in terms of durability.
This material is known for its corrosion resistance and high strength. It’s perfect for the long haul, whether you’re plinking or hunting.
Glass Clarity & Armor Tek: The glass on this sight is no slouch, either. Offering crystal clear imagery, the multi-layer anti-reflective coating delivers a clear field of view.
But what really amps it up is the Armor Tek wrap. This layer safeguards the lens from dirt, grime, and unfortunate accidents.
Reticle Variations: The Vortex Venom allows for customization with options for a 3 MOA or a 6 MOA reticle. Whether you want tight groupings or rapid target acquisition, this sight has got you covered.
Personally, I’ve mostly used the 3 MOA setting on my Kimber R7 Mako, and it works like a charm. The reticle is crisp, and the adjustments are spot-on.
Power and Brightness Adjustment: When we get down to the nitty-gritty, the power and brightness adjustment features are truly noteworthy.
The sight uses a CR-1632 battery that ranges between 150 to an impressive 30,000 hours of life. Plus, you’ve got ten levels of illuminance to play around with.
Why I Love It: The Vortex Venom combines clarity, durability, and customization in a budget-friendly package. It’s a versatile sight that ticks almost all the boxes for me.
Using this sight on my Kimber has been nothing short of a treat. It’s made target acquisition faster, easier, and more enjoyable. The reticle options and brightness settings add a level of customization that can adapt to almost any shooting scenario.
- Durable 6061-T6 aluminum housing
- Crystal clear lens with Armor Tek protection
- Customizable reticle settings
- Impressive battery life with flexible brightness settings
- Highly compatible with the Kimber R7 Mako
- Could improve the quality of the protective cover
4. Vortex Viper – Best Value for Money
- The Viper Red Dot Sight has a super low-profile making...
- The Viper's low height allows it to co-witness with...
- The fully multi-coated, ultra-clear lens offers a wide,...
- Hard anodized finish- highly durable low-glare matte...
- Waterproof and shockproof construction ensure your...
The Vortex Viper is a lightweight, low-mounted red dot sight offering a 6 MOA dot for quick target acquisition and durability for the long haul.
Compact and Lightweight Design: The compactness and light weight of the Vortex Viper are not just aesthetically pleasing; they’re functional. These features ensure that your firearm doesn’t feel like you’ve attached a brick to it.
No matter what kind of firearm you’re using, be it a handgun or a long gun, the compact size facilitates easy handling and maneuverability.
I found the compact design to be incredibly helpful during quick transitions from target to target, enhancing the overall shootability of my Kimber R7 Mako.
Low Mounting: What really caught my eye about the Viper is its low-mounting capability. This is more than just a design feature; it has real-world applications.
The lower the sight sits to the bore axis of your firearm, the less parallax error you’re likely to experience. Plus, it makes co-witnessing with your iron sights a cinch.
Bright and Sharp Red Dot: The 6 MOA red dot on the Vortex Viper is nothing to scoff at. This feature makes target acquisition lightning fast, particularly in close-quarters scenarios. Even in diverse lighting conditions, the red dot maintains its brightness and sharpness.
It’s adjustable, allowing you to tweak the brightness level according to the ambient light. During my testing, this feature proved to be a game changer.
Durable Construction: Durability is often the make-or-break feature for most optics, and the Viper is built like a tank. Its hard-anodized finish doesn’t just look good; it adds a layer of resilience that helps the sight withstand rough use.
Moreover, it’s waterproof and shockproof, meaning it can handle adverse weather conditions with ease. During my field tests, the sight survived numerous rounds and showed zero signs of struggle.
Why I Love It: What’s not to love? The Vortex Viper offers a perfect blend of form and function, making it a superb addition to my Kimber R7 Mako.
In a nutshell, the Vortex Viper enhanced my shooting experience; from quick target acquisition to durability, it didn’t disappoint.
- Compact and lightweight design
- Low mounting profile for minimal parallax error
- Bright and adjustable 6 MOA red dot
- Multi-coated lens with Armortek protection
- Highly durable construction
- Battery replacement requires unmounting the sight
5. Crimson Trace CTS-1550 – Best Affordable Option
- DIMENSIONS: 1.7" L x 1" W x 1" D with a weight of .65...
- RELIABLE: Have added confidence in your shot with the...
- RUNTIME: 20,000 hours (2 years) of battery life that...
- ACCURACY: Sight features a bright 3.0 MOA red dot...
- FITS: Industry standard J-Point mounting interface
The Crimson Trace CTS 1550 is an ultra-compact open reflex sight with an impressive array of features, including easy installation and auto-brightness adjustment.
Ambient Light Sensor: Now, this is a feature I can’t rave enough about. The built-in light sensor on the CTS 1550 is an absolute lifesaver, especially when transitioning between different lighting conditions.
Whether I was shooting under the blazing sun or in a low-light indoor range, the sight auto-adjusted its brightness to maintain optimal visibility.
Long Runtime: Battery life is always a concern with electronics, right? But with a 20,000-hour runtime, the CTS 1550 puts those worries to rest.
Adjustability: The sight offers extensive adjustability in both windage and elevation, which is invaluable for making those precise shots. The adjustment knobs are not too tight or too loose, hitting that sweet spot for making quick adjustments without a struggle.
Why I Love It: I adore the CTS 1550 for its user-friendly features like auto-brightness adjustment and simple installation process. Oh, and let’s not forget that marathon-like battery life.
In a nutshell, this sight simplified everything. Installation was a cinch, the auto-brightness worked flawlessly, and the adjustability options offered all the fine-tuning I needed.
- Quick and reliable installation using J-Point interface
- Automatic brightness adjustment with an ambient light sensor
- Stellar battery life of approximately two years
- Co-witness sight adds a layer of reliability
- High degree of adjustability for windage and elevation
- No manual brightness adjustment options
6. Swampfox Sentinel – Best Wide Field of View
- IN THE BOX: Optix w/sheath, screwdriver, lens cloth,...
- MANUAL BRIGHTNESS MODEL: Features ten manually adjusted...
- COMPACT UNOBSTROCTIVE FIT: Shoehorned into this tiny...
- DUTY GRADE: Made from 7075 aluminum that is hard coat...
- DOUBLE THE LIFE: The CR2032 battery effectively doubles...
The Swampfox Sentinel is a durable and bright red dot sight featuring a high-efficiency emitter, top-tier construction, and impressive lens clarity.
Brighter Dot: First up, let’s talk about the brightness of this bad boy. The Sentinel offers a 3 MOA red or green dot, which basically means the dot is crystal clear and easily visible in various lighting conditions.
The high-efficiency emitter is what gives this sight its edge in brightness. I’ve tested this feature extensively and found that the brightness stays consistent, even during rapid firing.
Fusion of Metal and Glass: Craftsmanship matters, and the Sentinel doesn’t disappoint. Made from 7075-T6 aluminum, it’s not just another run-of-the-mill sight.
This specific type of aluminum is often used in the aerospace industry due to its excellent strength-to-weight ratio. Couple that with multicoated glass, and what you get is a sight that’s not just durable but also rust-resistant.
Lens Clarity: With the Sentinel, you also get a ruby or silver multicoated lens, depending on whether you go for the red or green dot variant. The coating plays a huge role in lens clarity, ensuring minimal glare and optimal light transmission.
Why I Love It: The Swampfox Sentinel wins me over with its superior brightness settings, robust build quality, and a lens that brings clarity to every shot.
Throughout my testing, the Sentinel performed exceptionally well. Whether it was the lens clarity, the build quality, or its ability to hold zero after a thousand rounds; this sight impressed me at every turn.
- Exceptionally bright and high-quality dot
- Durable and rust-resistant build
- Superior lens clarity
- Easy mounting due to standard RMSc footprint
- Cost-effective compared to competitors
- Battery replacement affects windage and elevation settings
7. Holosun EPS Carry – Best Compact Sight
- HOLOSUN REFLEX SIGHT - The EPS Carry-RD-MRS is an...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - The EPS Carry-RD-MRS handgun sight...
- MULTI-RETICLE SYSTEM - This Holosun sight is equipped...
- SOLAR FAILSAFE - If your battery fails, this red dot...
- SPECIFICATION - Reticle: Red 2MOA Dot & 32MOA Circle;...
The HOLOSUN Eps Carry Enclosed is a rugged red dot sight, built for versatile use and impressive longevity, featuring an enclosed emitter for pristine dot clarity in all weather conditions.
Enclosed Emitter: The enclosed emitter is probably the show-stopper here. Unlike open emitters, which can get fouled up by weather elements like rain or dust, this enclosed design ensures the dot remains crisp and clear.
Trust me; this is a lifesaver in real-world shooting scenarios where you don’t get to choose the weather. I’ve tested it out in rain, snow, and even dusty conditions.
Versatility: Let’s chat about versatility. The HOLOSUN Carry Enclosed comes in both red and green reticles with multiple MOA options. From a compact 2 MOA to a more visible 6 MOA, and even a 2 MOA dot with a 32 MOA ring, it has options for days.
Brightness Adjustment: On to brightness settings, located conveniently on the left side of the optic. The sight offers eight standard brightness settings and four additional settings for night vision compatibility.
Durable and Weatherproof: This sight is no slouch when it comes to durability and resilience. Built to withstand the brunt of rough handling and unpredictable weather, it’s a reliable pick for anyone from casual users to hardcore enthusiasts.
Why I Love It: I’m particularly smitten by the HOLOSUN Carry Enclosed for its robust design and the sheer range of versatile features it offers, not to mention the enclosed emitter, which performs like a champ in all weather conditions.
Having put it through its paces, I’m more than satisfied with its performance. It’s reliable, versatile, and incredibly easy to use. The range of features, especially the enclosed emitter, makes it a reliable tool in any shooting environment.
- Enclosed emitter for weatherproof performance
- Multiple reticle options for personalized use
- Impressive battery life for a compact sight
- User-friendly brightness settings
- Rugged and durable build
- Battery life, although adequate, doesn’t match some longer-lasting models
After rigorous testing on my Kimber R7 Mako, each sight brought its unique attributes to the table, catering to a range of needs and preferences.
Whether it’s a question of value, performance, or special features, there’s something here for everyone. Yet, when the dust settled, the Holosun 507K X2 stood out as my top pick.
Its blend of precision, durability, and user-friendly design struck the perfect balance, making it the go-to choice for shooters looking for that extra edge.
What red dot fits the Kimber R7 Mako?
Multiple red dots fit the Kimber R7 Mako, including options from Holosun and Vortex.
Will Holosun 507K fit Kimber Mako?
Yes, the Holosun 507K will fit the Kimber Mako.
Will a Crimson Trace 1550 fit on a Kimber R7 Mako?
Yes, the Crimson Trace 1550 will fit on a Kimber R7 Mako.
What is the difference between 507K and 507C red dot?
The primary difference is the 507C has a solar panel on top to supplement battery life, while the 507K does not.