Hey Gunners! Welcome to Best Glock 40 MOS Red Dot blog.
If you’re a fan of the Glock 40 MOS like I am, you know that this pistol is a beast. As someone who has spent ample time with this firearm, I’ve also explored ways to maximize its potential.
One of the best upgrades? A red dot sight. Not just any sight, though. I’ve put this gun through its paces with various red dot options to find out which ones truly stand out.
So, what red dot fits Glock 40 MOS?
Here are seven red dot sights that fit the Glock 40 MOS perfectly.
|Glock 40 MOS Red Dot||Category||Price|
|Trijicon RMR Type 2||Best Overall||$499.99|
|Trijicon SRO||Best for Professionals||$544.00|
|Vortex Optics Venom||Highly Rated||$247.32|
|Holosun 509T||Best Trijicon Alternative||$429.99|
|Burris FastFire||Best Value for Money||$179.90|
|Leupold DeltaPoint Pro||Best Solid Performance||$449.99|
|Holosun EPS Carry||Best Compact Sight||$429.99|
Top 7 Best Red Dot For Glock 40 MOS
- Trijicon RMR Type 2 – Best Overall
- Trijicon SRO – Best for Professionals
- Vortex Optics Venom – Highly Rated
- Holosun 509T – Best Trijicon Alternative
- Burris FastFire – Best Value for Money
- Leupold Deltapoint Pro – Best Solid Performance
- Holosun EPS Carry – Best Compact Sight
1. Trijicon RMR Type 2 – Best Overall
- 3.25 MOA ADJUSTABLE LED RMR: Features an automatic...
- DEPENDABLE ELECTRONIC DESIGN: Ruggedized Battery...
- UNIQUE PATENTED HOUSING SHAPE: Military-grade aluminum...
- BATTERY CONSERVATION MODE: Automatically adjusts aiming...
- BUTTON LOCKOUT: Sets RMR into automatic mode to prevent...
The Trijicon RMR is a rugged, versatile red dot sight with advanced features like adjustable brightness and a long-lasting battery.
Adjustable LED Brightness: Having the right brightness is crucial for quick target acquisition and eye comfort, especially when you’re switching between various lighting conditions.
The Trijicon RMR makes this an effortless task, allowing you to choose from 8 brightness levels plus an automatic mode. In direct sunlight, the higher brightness settings come into play, making the dot clear and easy to pick up.
3.25 MOA Dot Size: When it comes to shooting, accuracy is non-negotiable. The 3.25 MOA dot size on this sight is a real game-changer. Many red dot sights offer larger dot sizes, which are fine for close-range shooting but can hinder your performance at longer distances.
A 3.25 MOA dot is a great middle-ground, giving you the precision you need without being too small to quickly acquire. It’s particularly useful when you’re trying to take a well-aimed shot from a distance.
Tough Construction: If durability is a top concern, look no further. The Trijicon RMR is built like a tank, with military-grade aluminum alloy housing.
This unique housing shape diverts the force of impact away from the lens, which increases its robustness significantly.
Long Battery Life: With a single CR2032 cell, the Trijicon RMR lasts for up to four years at moderate brightness settings. Battery life can often be a pain point with electronics, and there’s nothing worse than your sight dying mid-session.
Battery Conservation Mode: Not to be overlooked, the sight’s automatic battery conservation mode is a genuine asset. It adjusts the aiming dot to ambient lighting conditions after 16.5 hours, ensuring that you won’t accidentally drain the battery.
This feature is like having a personal assistant that takes care of the little details for you.
Why I Love It: What really wins me over with the Trijicon RMR is how it blends durability with high functionality. The adjustable brightness, precise dot size, and long-lasting battery make it a well-rounded package that addresses the needs of any serious shooter.
I’ve had this sight mounted on my Glock 40 MOS for quite some time, and it has been an absolute joy to use. Whether I was at the range or out in the field, the sight has never let me down.
Its durability has proven itself, surviving everything I’ve thrown at it, and the adjustable brightness and dot size have been invaluable.
- Variable brightness settings for versatile shooting scenarios
- 3.25 MOA dot size perfect for precision shooting
- Highly durable with military-grade aluminum alloy housing
- Long-lasting battery life with a smart conservation mode
- May be expensive for shooters on a tight budget
2. Trijicon SRO – Best for Professionals
- LARGE, UNOBSTRUCTIVE FIELD OF VIEW: Parallax-free and...
- CLEAR, CRISP DOT: Fine-tuned, illuminated reticle,...
- EASY, ADJUSTABLE WINDAGE & ELEVATION: Tool-less design...
- RED DOT PISTOL READY: Designed to fit on many of the...
- SAME FOOTPRINT AS RMR: Mounts easily using the same...
The Trijicon SRO is a high-end optic that marries precision shooting with durability, offering a broad field of view and adjustable brightness.
Rugged, Durable Construction: Made from 7075 T6 Aluminum, the Trijicon SRO is more than just tough. The material isn’t just any aluminum; it’s a specific alloy known for its high tensile strength and resistance to wear and tear.
The lens frames are crafted from premium materials that resist scratching, so not only does it look good, but it’s built to last.
Resistance to Water and Shock: Dive right in because the Trijicon SRO can handle water depths up to 10 feet! But it’s not just the wet conditions it excels in; it also holds up well to shock.
Drop it from a height of 7 to 8 feet, and it’ll brush it off like it’s nothing. That resilience makes it a versatile optic, capable of handling the unpredictability of outdoor shooting.
Large, Unobstructive Field of View: Now, let’s talk about one of its standout features: the large field of view.
Having such a broad field means you’re not just seeing your target; you’re fully aware of what’s around it, too. This enhances your shooting precision and situational awareness, making sure that you always hit your mark.
Easy-to-Adjust Illumination Controls: With 8 levels of brightness, you’re never left wanting when it comes to finding the right setting.
Whether it’s bright daylight or the challenging light of dawn or dusk, the sight’s adjustable illumination ensures your dot is always visible yet not overpowering.
Why I Love It: The attention to detail in both design and functionality sets the Trijicon SRO apart. Its robust build is reassuring, and the variety of brightness settings and the expansive field of view make it an excellent choice for any shooter looking for an edge.
Mounted on my Glock 40 MOS, the Trijicon SRO has been a gem. Its durability was immediately noticeable, handling wet conditions like a champ.
The clarity, even in bright sunlight, was absolutely stunning. The sight’s broad field of view was particularly useful, allowing for accurate, reliable targeting no matter the circumstances.
- Crafted from high-strength 7075 T6 Aluminum for maximum durability
- Resistant to water up to 10 feet and highly shock-resistant
- Offers a large, clear field of view for improved situational awareness
- Brightness is easily adjustable with 8 different settings
- Open emitter design may attract debris
- It may be too expensive for those on a budget
Comparison of Trijicon RMR Vs SRO
3. Vortex Optics Venom – Highly Rated
- The Venom Red Dot Sight-3 MOA promotes rapid target...
- High quality, fully multi-coated lenses offer a clean,...
- The Venom also has an auto-brightness mode that uses an...
- 1 MOA wind age and elevation adjustments are super...
- The Venom Red Dot will fit well on your rifle or...
The Vortex Venom is a lightweight, user-friendly micro red dot sight with unmatched battery life, designed for Glock MOS handguns.
Outstanding Battery Life: Battery life is often a sore point when it comes to red dot sights, but not with the Vortex Venom. You get an astonishing 150 hours of usage on the highest setting. Dial it down, and you can stretch that all the way to 3,000 hours.
That’s an extraordinary feat, offering peace of mind whether you’re at the range or in a more demanding environment. No need to worry about your sight dying on you when you least expect it.
Crystal-Clear Dot with Versatile Size Options: The Vortex Venom boasts a vibrant red dot, ensuring maximum visibility when you’re aiming down the sight. With a three MOA dot size, it strikes a balance between quick target acquisition and shot precision.
What’s more, it offers unlimited eye relief, reducing eye strain and allowing you to maintain a comfortable posture while shooting.
Precise Adjustability: Here’s where the technical details really shine. The sight has a graduation adjustment of 1 MOA, with a max elevation adjustment of 130 MOA and a max windage adjustment of 100 MOA.
These features give you the ability to fine-tune your aim, ensuring that your shots land exactly where you intend them to. While it might seem like a bunch of numbers, each specification here adds to the sight’s adaptability to different shooting scenarios.
Why I Love It: The Vortex Venom combines versatility, durability, and user-friendly design into a compact package. The incredible battery life and precise adjustability make it a reliable tool for any shooting condition.
I’ve been using the Vortex Venom on my Glock 40 MOS for a while now, and let me tell you, it’s a game-changer. The battery life has been phenomenal, and the clear red dot ensures I don’t miss it.
- Exceptional battery life ranging from 150 to 3,000 hours
- Clear and bright red dot for easy aiming
- Highly adjustable settings for both elevation and windage
- Lightweight and easy to mount
- Lacks protective features against environmental elements
- May require frequent cleaning due to open emitter design
4. Holosun 509T – Best Trijicon Alternative
- EQUIPMENT INCLUDES: HE509T-RD Elite Red Dot Sight, Coin...
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Features include Super LED high...
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Equipment includes 12 different...
- SHAKE AWAKE TECHNOLOGY: Equipment shuts the LED sight...
- SHAKE AWAKE TECHNOLOGY: Equipment shuts the LED sight...
The Holosun 509T is a durable, fully enclosed emitter red dot sight with unique mounting solutions and a solar backup, specifically designed for the Glock MOS series.
Fully Enclosed Emitter: One of the major highlights of the Holosun 509T is its fully enclosed emitter. Unlike open-emitter designs, this sight is fully sealed to block out debris, water, and other environmental elements.
What does that mean for you? Increased durability and reliability, particularly when you’re shooting in less-than-ideal conditions. Whether it’s rain, snow, or dust storms, this sight is built to handle it all without compromising your aim.
Side Battery Access: Now, how many times have you had to remove a sight just to change the battery? With the 509T, that’s a problem of the past.
It features a convenient side battery access, letting you swap out batteries without dismounting the sight or messing with your zero settings. That’s a time-saver and a huge relief, especially if you’re in the middle of a session.
Titanium Body and Motion Sensor Reticle Activation: Built with a titanium body, the sight is hardy enough to withstand aggressive slide racking.
And let’s not forget the motion sensor reticle activation. The sight wakes up when it senses movement, saving battery life and ensuring the reticle is ready when you are.
Why I Love It: Its combination of durability, convenient features, and advanced technology make it one of the most reliable sights I’ve ever used.
I’ve put the Holosun 509T through its paces on my Glock 40 MOS, and it’s nothing short of spectacular. The fully enclosed design puts to rest any worries about debris or water affecting performance. And the solar backup? That’s peace of mind in a tiny package.
- Fully enclosed design for increased durability
- Side-accessible battery compartment for easy swaps
- Unique clamp mount ensures consistent zero
- Solar backup for extended use
- Motion sensor for smart reticle activation
- Lower battery life compared to some other models
5. Burris FastFire – Best Value for Money
- Convenient power button with three levels of brightness...
- Tool-less wind age and elevation adjustments
- Low Battery warning indicator
- 8 MOA Dot Reticle
- Tool-less wind age and elevation adjustments
The Burris FastFire 3 is an affordable yet efficient red dot sight that’s lightweight, making it ideal for Glock 19 MOS users.
Auto Brightness Control: The Burris FastFire 3 is quite a performer when it comes to auto-brightness. It’s like having an extra pair of smart eyes that adapt to the lighting conditions.
You’re at an outdoor range, the sun’s blazing one minute and it’s cloudy the next. No worries, the sight adjusts the reticle brightness to make sure you always have a clear and visible aiming point.
It’s an intuitive feature that reduces the hassle of manual adjustment, giving you more time to focus on your aim and shoot with confidence.
Top Battery Access: Isn’t it a drag to disassemble your sight just for a battery change? This sight gets it and offers top battery access.
Just pop open the cover, swap out the old battery for a new one, and you’re good to go. Plus, the sight has an automatic time-out feature that kicks in after 8 hours.
Windage and Elevation Adjustments: Zeroing a sight can be tricky, but not with the FastFire 3. This sight offers precise and user-friendly windage and elevation adjustments.
Whether you’re lining up a close-range shot or aiming at a target in the distance, tweaking these settings is straightforward and the adjustments hold well. This gives you the accuracy you crave without the headache you don’t.
Illumination Settings: Here’s the deal: lighting can either be your best friend or your worst enemy when you’re shooting. The FastFire 3 provides custom illumination settings along with an automatic brightness detector.
Resilience: The FastFire 3 is well-built but aimed at moderate use. It’s made from robust materials but might not be your go-to for super rugged use.
The sight performs excellently under normal conditions but might not withstand abuse like some more expensive models.
Why I Love It: The Burris FastFire 3 hits the sweet spot between affordability and functionality. It packs in features you’d find in higher-end models, like auto-brightness and easy windage/elevation adjustments, without burning a hole in your wallet.
I’ve got to tell you, slapping the FastFire 3 on my Glock 40 MOS was like meeting an old friend. It just felt right. The sight was super easy to mount, and once it was on, the auto-brightness feature worked like a charm.
The windage and elevation adjustments were a breeze to set up, and the battery life? Let’s just say, I stopped worrying about it.
- Lightweight and compact, barely noticeable on the firearm.
- User-friendly windage and elevation adjustments.
- Auto-brightness feature adapts to changing light conditions.
- Battery life can extend up to 4+ years with standby mode.
- Might not be as resilient for intense, rugged use.
6. Leupold Deltapoint Pro – Best Solid Performance
- Model #119688 - DeltaPoint Pro Red Dot Sight, 2.5 MOA...
- Leupold’s Professional-Grade Red Dot Optical System...
- This scopes comes with an illuminated reticle, which...
- Motion Sensor Technology (MST) extends battery life by...
- Design, Machined and Assembled in the USA. 100%...
The Leupold DeltaPoint Pro is a versatile reflex sight with a large viewing window, perfect for the Glock 40 MOS as well as rifles and shotguns.
6 MOA Reticle: Let’s talk about the 6 MOA reticle. When it comes to rapid target acquisition, size does matter, and the 6 MOA dot in the DeltaPoint Pro is stellar.
This reticle size is a great match for shooters with astigmatism or those who prefer a bigger dot for easier pick-up. The bigger size doesn’t hamper precision either.
This is essentially a win-win situation if you’re concerned about your aim or speed in various lighting conditions.
Extra Housing Protection: So, you’re shooting and whoops! You bump or drop your firearm. With the extra housing protection that includes a lens hood, the DeltaPoint Pro is made to withstand those unexpected situations.
This added layer of protection means you can run this optic hard and still trust it to function. While no gear is entirely fail-proof, the lens hood goes a long way in absorbing direct impacts, significantly boosting the sight’s overall durability.
Larger Window Like SRO: The large window of the DeltaPoint Pro sets it apart from the competition. It’s akin to having a widescreen TV in the optic world.
When you look through it, you’ll notice the wider rectangle point of view (POV) profile, similar to the Trijicon SRO.
Easier Battery Access: Imagine needing to replace your sight battery but not wanting to hassle with tools or even sight removal. The DeltaPoint Pro makes this process as smooth as butter with its top-loading design for battery replacement.
Eye Relief and Parallax-Free: Aiming can get tricky with poor eye relief or parallax issues. With this sight, that concern is almost non-existent.
Whether you’re stationary or in motion, the reticle remains stable and focused. It’s like your eye and the reticle are in perfect harmony, helping you maintain focus on your target instead of worrying about sight alignment.
Why I Love It: There’s a lot to admire about the DeltaPoint Pro, but what really gets me is its adaptability and robust design.
The larger window, easy battery access, and the protection make it not just user-friendly but almost user-indulgent. It’s a sight that gives without asking for much in return.
Mounting the DeltaPoint Pro on my Glock 40 MOS was an absolute joy. It’s not just about how clear the vision was, but how easy the sight made everything.
Be it the windage and elevation adjustments or the effortless battery replacement; it felt like the sight was working with me, not against me.
- Large viewing window for enhanced field of view
- 6 MOA reticle perfect for quick target acquisition
- Extra lens hood for added durability
- Easy-to-access, top-loading battery compartment
- Parallax-free with infinite eye relief
- Slightly heavier compared to other micro red dots
- Lower battery life, especially with higher illumination settings
7. Holosun EPS Carry – Best Compact Sight
- HOLOSUN REFLEX SIGHT - The EPS Carry-RD-MRS is an...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - The EPS Carry-RD-MRS handgun sight...
- MULTI-RETICLE SYSTEM - This Holosun sight is equipped...
- SOLAR FAILSAFE - If your battery fails, this red dot...
- SPECIFICATION - Reticle: Red 2MOA Dot & 32MOA Circle;...
The Holosun EPS Carry is a durable, weatherproof optic with multiple reticle options, providing unbeatable versatility and performance for the Glock 40 MOS.
Closed Emitter: Now, let’s start with the closed emitter feature. Imagine you’re out in a muddy field or it’s a rainy day. The last thing you want is for dirt or water to compromise your sight.
With its closed emitter, the EPS Carry ensures that external elements won’t throw a wrench in your shooting plans.
Side Battery Access: There’s something particularly irritating about having to remove your sight just to change a battery. With the EPS Carry, you don’t have to worry about that anymore.
The side battery access allows you to replace your battery without removing the sight, and therefore without messing up your zero.
Multiple Reticle Systems: The EPS Carry doesn’t lock you into a one-size-fits-all solution. You can choose from 2 MOA, 6 MOA, or even a multi-reticle system with a 32 MOA ring.
And the solar failsafe feature? That’s like the cherry on top
No Lens Distortion: When it comes to optics, clarity is king. The EPS Carry comes with aspherical glass that ensures zero distortion.
The view is crisp, and what you see is what you get. This lack of distortion is vital when you need to take those crucial shots where an inch can make a world of difference.
Magnification and Dimension: With a 1X magnification and dimensions of 1.62″ X 1.07″ X 0.95″, this sight is built for fast target acquisition without adding unnecessary bulk.
Crafted from 7075 T6 aluminum and rated IPX8, you can be assured of its durability.
Why I Love It: What’s not to love? The EPS Carry combines functionality with convenience. The multiple reticle systems and the easy battery access are features that make this sight stand out. Add to that the weatherproof construction, and you’ve got a sight that’s as reliable as it is versatile.
Mounting the EPS Carry on my Glock 40 MOS felt like a match made in heaven. The sight held zero perfectly, and switching between reticles was easy.
The no-distortion glass made for clear shots, and the side battery access was incredibly handy. It felt like this sight was designed with the user in mind, making my shooting experience smooth and enjoyable.
- Completely weatherproof, making it ideal for carry
- Multiple reticle systems provide adaptability
- Side battery access allows for quick battery changes
- No distortion in lens ensures a clear view
- Small viewing window
After extensive testing and scrutiny, it’s clear that each red dot sight brings something unique to the table for the Glock 40 MOS. Whether you’re looking for durability, versatility, or value for money, there’s something here for everyone.
However, if I had to pick the ultimate winner, it would be the Trijicon RMR Type 2. It checks all the boxes for a well-rounded, reliable, and high-performance red dot sight.
In the end, your individual needs and preferences will dictate your choice, but you can’t go wrong with any of these stellar options.
What red dots mount directly to Glock MOS?
Trijicon RMR Type 2 and Holosun HS507C-X2 are popular choices that mount directly to Glock MOS.
What optic is Glock MOS cut for?
The Glock MOS is cut for specific micro-optics like Trijicon, and Holosun.
Is it worth putting a red dot on a Glock?
Yes, most shooters find that a red dot improves accuracy and speed, particularly at distance.
What red dot will fit on a Glock 43X MOS?
The Glock 43X MOS can accommodate micro-optics like the Trijicon RMR Type 2, Trijicon SRO and Holosun HS507C-X2.reticle variant.