Hey Shooters, Welcome to my best red dot sight for PCC blog.
As an avid shooter, having spent countless hours on the range and field testing these red dot sights on PCC, I’m ready to share my insider knowledge with you.
I’ve personally tested these sights, and the Holosun HS510C emerges as the top contender among all the others.
The purpose of this article is to guide you through my top picks for PCC red dots, breaking down their features, compatibility with the PCC, and my hands-on experience with each sight.
Top 6 Best PCC Red Dot Sights
1. HOLOSUN HS510C – Best Performer Overall
- HOLOSUN RED DOT SIGHT - The HS510C sight is a versatile...
- MULTI-RETICLE SYSTEM - This Holosun red dot sight is...
- SHAKE AWAKE TECHNOLOGY - Extends battery life by...
- SOLAR FAILSAFE - If your battery fails, this red dot...
- SPECIFICATION - Reticle: Red 2 MOA Dot & 65 MOA Circle;...
This optic isn’t just a game-changer. It’s a game dominator. With its open reflex sight design, it’s redefining the standards of the shooting world and cementing itself as an essential tool for PCC enthusiasts.
Features and Benefits: The real magic of this sight lies in its features. Its large viewing window gives you a crystal-clear sight picture, allowing you to find your target faster than you can say “bullseye.”
You don’t need to worry about sight alignment, either. With its parallax-free reticle, your shots will land right where you want them, even if your eye shifts a bit off-center.
Not to mention, its 68 MOA reticle can transform any average Joe into a range-estimating and close-range shooting expert.
Compatibility: The HS510C and Its low drag, lightweight design are perfect for the quick maneuvering characteristic of PCCs. Whether you’re practicing fast transitions or shooting on the move, this sight will keep up, no questions asked.
Why I Love It: This sight makes you feel like a real sharpshooter. It’s user-friendly, intuitive, and consistently reliable. I love that it instills confidence in your shot every time you line up your target, making the shooting experience that much more enjoyable.
In my experience, the Holosun HS510C is the real deal. Whether I was at the range or in a competition, it performed exceptionally well. The sight allowed me to focus on my shooting skills and technique rather than worrying about if my equipment could keep up.
- Fast target acquisition
- Great for cross-eye dominant shooters
- Parallax-free reticle enhances accuracy
- 68 MOA reticle provides quick holdover reference
- The open design might be less durable than fully enclosed models
- The price might be a bit steep for beginners.
2. Trijicon SRO – Best Field Of View
- LARGE, UNOBSTRUCTIVE FIELD OF VIEW: Parallax-free and...
- CLEAR, CRISP DOT: Fine-tuned, illuminated reticle,...
- EASY, ADJUSTABLE WINDAGE & ELEVATION: Tool-less design...
- RED DOT PISTOL READY: Designed to fit on many of the...
- SAME FOOTPRINT AS RMR: Mounts easily using the same...
Now let’s talk about the Trijicon SRO, a sight that has set new standards in the shooting industry. It’s high-speed performance and compact design make it an absolute powerhouse for PCCs like the MP5 and MPX.
Features and Benefits: The SRO truly outperforms when it comes to its wide window size. It helps you to get on target quicker, especially when shouldering a PCC.
The top-loading battery system is a game-changer, too – no more sight removal or re-zeroing when you need to replace the battery.
One of my favorite features? Its sight acquisition speed. Follow-up shots have never been quicker or more consistent.
And to top it off, it uses the same RMR mounting footprint, meaning you don’t need any special mounting accessories.
Compatibility: The SRO performs superbly on PCCs. Its compact, lightweight design complements the fast pace and quick maneuvering of pistol-caliber carbines. It’s like it was specifically made for PCCs!
Why I Love It: What’s not to love about a sight that enhances your speed, accuracy, and overall shooting experience? It’s small size and high performance make the SRO an essential addition to any PCC.
In my testing, the SRO shone like a star. It kept up with my every move and never failed to deliver an accurate shot. It made each session on the range not just productive but a lot of fun too.
- Fast target acquisition due to larger window size
- A convenient top-loading battery system
- Excellent for follow-up shots
- Compatible with Trijicon RMR mounting
- The price may be steep for beginners
- Some may find the window size too large for compact PCCs
3. Sig Sauer Romeo 5 – Best Budget and Seller
- ROMEO5 GUN SIGHT - The ROMEO5 1X20mm Red Dot Sight...
- 2 MOA RED-DOT - For those avid shooters who admire...
- MOTAC TECH - The versatile ROMEO5 red dot sight...
- VERSATILE MOUNT - This gun sight comes with an...
- WEATHER RESISTANT - The dependable IPX-7 waterproof and...
For those on a budget or just stepping into the world of PCC, meet your new best friend: the Sig Sauer Romeo 5. This little gem is robust, compact, and priced for maximum bang for your buck. It’s proof that great things can come in small, affordable packages.
Features and Benefits: The Romeo 5’s ultra-low parallax ensures that the point-of-aim and point-of-impact remain consistent while the red dot stays parallel to the firearm’s bore.
Its 2 MOA dot size comes with ten illumination settings, including two for night vision, making it a versatile tool for any lighting conditions.
What sets the Romeo5 apart is the MOTAC (Motion Activated Illumination) feature. It powers up the optic when it senses motion and shuts it down during idle periods to save battery.
Compatibility: Given its compact size and lightweight nature, the Romeo5 is a perfect match for 9mm carbines. Its features complement the swift and quick operations typical of PCCs.
Why I Love It: Honestly, what’s not to love? It’s affordable, efficient, and compact. Plus, its battery-saving mode and clear sight image are just cherries on top. This sight truly embodies the Sig Sauer brand.
When I first got Romeo 5, I was skeptical. But boy, did it prove me wrong. It performed admirably in different conditions, even in the rain. I simply cranked up the brightness and continued shooting. With eight daylight settings, finding the right brightness was a breeze. The sight clarity was also impeccable, providing unlimited eye relief due to its non-magnified design.
- Affordable and solid entry-level red dot sight
- Extremely lightweight, perfect for centerfire and PCCs
- Battery-saving MOTAC feature
- Compatible with aftermarket Aimpoint Micro mounts
- Waterproof and fog-proof
- Lacks a lens cap
- No specific night vision settings
4. Holosun Advanced Enclosed – Small and Efficient
- INCLUDES: Holosun AEMS 211301 Red Multi-Reticle System...
- SOLAR FAILSAFE feature automatic brightness adjustment;...
- SHAKE AWAKE: Holosuns Shake Awake Technology shuts the...
- MULTI RETICLE SYSTEM: M.R.S. gives the user the...
- SPECIFICATIONS: Center height of 1.63 inches (Lower 1/3...
Next up on our list is the Holosun Advanced Enclosed, Holosun’s newest creation in the large window-enclosed emitter red dot sights.
Features and Benefits: The Holosun Advanced Enclosed is constructed of 7075 T6 aluminum which ensures it is durable enough to survive even harsh field use, while the recessed buttons offer added protection.
This sight also features Holosun’s trademark MOTAC system, promising an impressive battery life of over 50K hours.
Additionally, its SOLAR FAILSAFE feature adjusts the brightness of your reticle according to your environment, and the SHAKE AWAKE technology shuts off the LED during periods of inactivity, further conserving battery life.
Compatibility: Given its compact design and large window size, the Holosun Advanced Enclosed proves to be an excellent match for PCCs, especially for small PDW sub guns.
Why I Love It: Its compact design, strong construction, and advanced features like the MOTAC system and SOLAR FAILSAFE make this sight a standout.
I found the Holosun Advanced Enclosed to be an impressive sight. The larger window size improved target acquisition, and the shake awake technology ensured that the brightness was always just right and battery life was conserved.
- Compact and efficient design
- Durable 7075 T6 construction
- MOTAC system for extended battery life
- SOLAR FAILSAFE and SHAKE AWAKE technologies
- Choice of reticle color
- Some users may prefer a smaller window size
5. Trijicon MRO – Larger Window and FOV
- 2 MOA green dot reticle/8 reticle brightness...
- 1x magnification/25mm objective/1/2 MOA ipc, 70 MOA...
- Low-distortion multi-coated optics/canted objective...
- Nitrogen-filled, Fogproof & submersible/7075-T6...
- Parallax-free performance/low mount included
The Trijicon MRO is a trusted name among shooting enthusiasts, offering reliable performance without breaking the bank. With a larger window and wider field of view, this sight resembles the popular Aimpoint Micro but with a more wallet-friendly price tag.
Features and Benefits: The Trijicon MRO boasts a unique tapered body design, reducing the tube effect while still providing a wide field of view. This sight also minimizes view obstruction by placing the brightness adjustment on the top of the optic, a move that caters to both lefties and righties.
Built from 7075 T6 aluminum, the MRO is designed to withstand rough handling, recoil, and accidental drops.
Moreover, its low-distortion, multi-coated optics reduce glare, and with nitrogen filling, it offers fog proof and submersible performance.
This sight also offers parallax-free performance.
Compatibility: With its large window and wide FOV, the Trijicon MRO is a perfect match for PCCs, offering quick target acquisition without sacrificing peripheral vision.
Why I Love It: What I adore about the Trijicon MRO is its balance between performance, usability, and price. Its robust construction, intuitive design, and wide field of view make it an excellent choice for any shooter.
Having tested the Trijicon MRO with various PCCs, I can confidently say its performance is exceptional. The larger window made target acquisition swift, while the robust construction ensured it could handle the rigors of shooting.
- Affordable yet high-performing sight
- The large window and wide field of view
- Robust construction made from 7075 T6 aluminum
- Reduced view obstruction due to top brightness adjustment
- Low-distortion, multi-coated optics
- Some shooters may prefer a smaller body design
- The larger window may not be ideal for all shooting situations.
6. Burris FastFire – Compact Red Dot
- Picatinny mount included
- Windage and elevation adjustments that don't require a...
- Three levels of brightness
- 3 MOA Dot Reticle
- Tool-less wind age and elevation adjustments
Stepping into the arena of micro red dot sights, the Burris FastFire 3 is a compact powerhouse that punches way above its weight. Its lightweight design and flexible options make it a favorite among competitive shooters and those seeking an efficient offset red dot sight.
Features and Benefits: This sight offers the flexibility of 3 MOA, 8 MOA, and even larger sizes for shooters with astigmatism, catering to a wide range of shooting needs.
It’s extremely lightweight, which reduces the load on your firearm and allows for rapid target acquisition and tracking.
The FastFire 3 also features an auto-brightness control system that adjusts according to the ambient light, ensuring your reticle is always visible. And its battery life is remarkable, lasting up to five years.
This sight includes toolless windage and elevation adjustments, top-of-sight battery access, three levels of brightness, and a low battery warning indicator.
Compatibility: Due to its compact size and lightweight design, the Burris FastFire is an excellent match for PCCs. It adds minimal weight to the firearm, enhancing maneuverability and target acquisition speed.
Why I Love It: The Burris FastFire’s versatility and lightweight design are standout features. It offers great functionality without being cumbersome, and its battery life is impressive.
Testing FastFire on different PCCs has been nothing short of a joy. Its lightweight and bright reticle made target acquisition a breeze, and the auto-brightness feature ensured visibility in varying light conditions.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Flexibility with multiple reticle sizes
- Auto-brightness control system
- Impressive battery life
- Tool-less windage and elevation adjustments
- Some users might prefer a sight with more ruggedness
The precision, versatility, and overall performance of red dot sights are truly transformative in the realm of shooting. I have tested countless sights, each with its unique features and capabilities. Yet, amidst them all, the Holosun HS510C stands out, solidifying itself as my go-to choice.
Its open reflex design, seamless target acquisition, and robust construction make every shooting experience an absolute pleasure. Simply put, it’s a sight that revolutionizes your aim, transforming you from an enthusiast to a marksman.
What are red dot sights best for?
Red dot sights excel at providing rapid target acquisition and enhanced shooting accuracy in close to mid-range scenarios.
Where is the best placement for a red dot sight?
The optimal position for a red dot sight is above the receiver, ensuring a clear line of sight while maintaining balance.
How durable are red dot sights?
Constructed from sturdy materials like aircraft-grade aluminum, most red dot sights are resilient to impacts, weather elements, and the rigors of continuous use.
What is the best range for a red dot sight?
Red dot sights shine within 100 yards, but with good eyesight and practiced skill, they can effectively be used beyond this range.